Not all sports were created equal. Dangerous sports can expose athletes to serious bodily harm. Research showed the following 7 sports as being the healthiest and safest, with a low risk of injury and a good influence on physical and mental health.
Top 7 Healthiest Sports:
- Swimming is absolutely awesome for your heart. It is a low-stress activity and improves lung capacity. It also builds muscles and burns calories.
- Tennis is one of the best aerobic activities. One hour of tennis burns a lot of calories.
- Rowing has near-endless health benefits. Rowing is effective in weight loss, increased muscle strength and has a low risk of injuries.
- Squash has been named as the no.1 healthiest sport in the world for many years. It burns calories, increases aerobic fitness, develops strength and power, boosts flexibility and it will improve hand-eye coordination.
- Cycling is fun and can be done anywhere, anytime, indoors and outdoors. Cycling is a low impact way to burn calories. It makes you feel happier and makes your brain stronger.
- Running, or jogging causes a release of endorphins to produce a feeling of overall well-being. You can run at your own pace and it can be done by all ages. Bones grow and become stronger through the physical demand that running requires. It is also great for mental and overall physiological health.
- Volleyball increases metabolic rate, builds agility, strengthens coordination, boosts mood and burns plenty of calories.
Walk every day. Regular walking has been shown to reduce the risk of chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, asthma, stroke and some cancers.
You do not need a gym membership or workout DVD’S to get your everyday exercise. You can take a walk in the park or through your neighbourhood. Lots of fresh air and even when your pace is slow, you will still burn calories.