The importance of good health cannot be ignored. Without good health and physical fitness, we leave ourselves open to dangerous diseases and even a shortened life span.
The most widely accepted definition of health is the one stated by the World Health Organization (WHO) Constitution: “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity”.
Fitness is considered as the measure of the body’s ability to function in all the required activities through each day. The body should also be able to stay healthy, to resist diseases and be able to handle emergency situations.
Good health is fairly easy to achieve but need certain lifestyle changes. Always remember to start slow. All changes feel difficult in the beginning but will get better through perseverance.
5 Ways to improve your Health and Physical Fitness levels:
- Adequate Exercise is very important. It strengthens the cardiovascular system, strengthens muscle mass and reduces the effect that stress has on the body.
- Healthy Eating will help the body to achieve and maintain good health. The bulk of the food that is consumed should be nutritious and full of vitamins and minerals. Avoid processed foods; too much sugar and salt, as well as fatty fast food, take-a-ways. Moderation is always a good method to apply.
- Avoid drinking in access; a few drinks on occasion will do no harm. Small amounts of red wine can actually be good for you. Again; moderation is a good measure.
- Quit smoking. Smoking is dangerous for the person smoking and those around him. The body starts repairing the damage caused over the years, the moment you quit smoking.
- Enough sleep and relaxation are needed to keep a healthy balance between work and play.
Physical fitness and good health is achieved through proper nutrition and keeping the balance between physical exercise and sufficient rest.